www-community mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject RE: ASF repository URI syntax
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 14:10:41 GMT

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> > >Guys, does this have much to do with 'community' anymore?  From what
> > >I've read, it looks like a Java specific project.

For the record - this is something which affects *all* committers and the
whole apache community - so community@ seems as good a place as any.
Looking at perl, apr-*, modules.apache.org; lots of room for using this in
a wider sense across more of the ASF; especially if later on we can hack
(or crack) the tough nut of signatures; and then actually have a more
reliable, easier to trust, and very wide mirroring infrastructure.

>       dicussion.  I still think that infrastructure-policy@
>       would be a good new mailing list.

It could be created. If there is a lot of community@ objection to this
discussion here - then let me know - as this conversation is too important
to not have.

Dw.