www-community mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Updating source files to have full ASF license
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:12:06 GMT
On Sun, 2 Mar 2003, Rich Bowen wrote:

> I have often thought it would be very very nice if the source files
> could reference the license, and tell you where to get it, rather than
> including the full text. This hugely increases the size of everything,
> and provides no real benefit. If each file could reference a file
> (included in the distribution) and a URL, surely that would be
> sufficient? What is the rationale for the full text in each and every
> file?

Just for the record, my quick unscientific poll shows that the license
consumes approximately 6.7M in the httpd-2.0 distribution. But I suspect
that compresses well! ;-)

Scientific method: LICENSE is 22998 bytes. The text of the license
appears in 293 files, including the LICENSE file itself.

--
Who can say where the road goes
Where the day flows