www-community mailing list archives

From d...@multitask.com.au
Subject Re: [proposal] daedalus jar repository (was: primary distribution location)
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2003 11:48:28 GMT
Nick Chalko <nick@chalko.com> wrote on 01/03/2003 05:09:50 AM:

> A somewhat standard layout is the important part.
>
> If we are changing current practice  I think
>
> project/[subproject]/version/(jar|zip|gz|docs|liscenses)
> is very good.

Sub project is, IMHO, way too fragile to be part of the URI. This is why
we left it out of maven. Same for cvs name.

Projects often move 'up' and change their cvs repo.

> All kinds of artifacts for a particular version in one dir.  Seems the
> easiest to me.
My personal preference is to have the version in the artifact name for use
later on.

This is, I know, an unpopular view, but one that has saved many people
time in the long run.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au