www-community mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ASF repository URI syntax
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 20:02:07 GMT
i think that maybe organization / project would be better that
/project/[subproject/..].

i think that including organization would a good idea for a couple of
reasons. first, it would make it pretty clear that it's an URI is for an
ASF jar. secondly, it would allow expansion later for non-ASF jars within
the system. (even if they are hosted elsewhere.)

the project should simply include as much detail as it required to
identify a unique releasable unit. so (for example) ant would be
(something like) apache/ant whereas the commons logging api could be
apache/jakarta-commons-logging-api (or something like that).

this idea also has the advantage of being much simpler :)

maybe the organization should be a domain name ie apache.org rather than
apache.

- robert