www-community mailing list archives

From Nick Chalko <n...@chalko.com>
Subject Re: ASF repository URI syntax
Date Sat, 01 Mar 2003 18:56:32 GMT
dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

> Nick,
>
> can you explain why there is a need for a subproject and not a
> sub-subproject etc?

Good question.

This also releates to "what is a project" .  Jakarta , avalon,  turbine.
 poi, poi-contrib.
On the one hand we could allow  unlimited subprojects.   specify that
projects must start with a letter, and version must start with a number.

Or the other aproach is only one level of projects then you have
jakarta-avalon-fulcrum.

This is a namespace problem, how do we avoid naming collitions at Apache
 I suppose we could say that  a  "project"="cvs module"

My preference would be for /project/[subproject/..]/version/artifact.