www-community mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Replcated JDBC stuff with Apache-like license
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 02:01:37 GMT
Mahler Thomas <thomas.mahler@itellium.com> writes:

> Hi Santiago,
>

> > I'm thinking into developing something that could be useful.
> > Similar to
> > c-jdbc (http://www.objectweb.org/c-jdbc/index.html) but with
> > less belts
> > and whistles. A master/slaves pseudo JDBC driver, which would ensure
> > replication at the JDBC API level. Also, the c-jdbc has no
> > release yet
> > and has a LGPL license, which makes it less suitable for
> > quick operation
> > and for some customer environments.
> >
> > I have not been able to find anything along the lines, or a good
> > starting point in apache, or which has apache-like license.
> >
> > 1. Do you know about something similar?
> No!
>
> > 2. Would a simple implementation be suitable for db.apache.org?
>
> Yes! I thought about having such a poormans db clustering tool at
> db.apache.org already.
> Would be cool to have such a beast.

Have y'all looked at Spread <http://www.spread.org/> and the
clustering solutions from Johns Hopkins Center for Networking and
Distributed Systems <http://www.cnds.jhu.edu/>?  Coupling a reliable
mutlicast messaging systems with a relational database strikes me as a
good solution to this sort of problem, but I haven't spend much time
investigating it.
--

Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com>