www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Maven and community
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:13:33 GMT
> Representing Jason as all Maven developers is a leap
> beyond that I can't fathom.

As I said, I would expect that his comments weren't reflecting Maven's as a
group, and I know that they don't reflect yours.

> It seems you are confusing your view of Jason, which you admit is limited
> to a short exchange here, with the team of people developing Maven.

Nope.  I simply pointed out why someone might have concern about a project
based upon the strongly worded sentiments of one of its leaders.

> Jason is an 'entity'? I figured he was a person with all
> the usual good and bad points, much like you and I.

Absolutely.  :-)  But since the concern had been generalized to the
community, albiet not by me, that sentence wasn't refering to Jason
personally.

In any event ... not to drift further afield in unproductive directions ...

> Collaboration does happen, now.  It's not a future waiting to happen.
> Is there something that's not happening that specifically needs to be
> looked at?

That's the irony.  As far as I can see, most of the build processes could
converge around Ant and Maven.  It isn't hard to see how the domains served
by Gump and Centipede could be subsumed by Ant and Maven, given the
additional development that you've told me is already happening.  The
thought behind my earlier question about the PMC, which initiated this
spiral, was that having Ant and Maven under a PMC would help that effort.

	--- Noel