www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Classpath Licensing
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 20:30:12 GMT
> I believe Classpath has a special exception for distribution, but,
> AIUI, that isn't typical of FSF packages.

I agree.  The only issue for me is whether or not the Classpath packages are
a suitable special case that we can use.

As to the rest, you have a valid point that the FSF holds a copyright on the
code.  However, Nic is entitled to multi-license his own code (not all of
Classpath, but I was specifically thinking of his implementation of JavaMail
and Chris' implementations of JavaMail handlers), and thus it seems that
their representation would have effect.

Personally, I'd prefer for them to license their source under the ASF
license, but as long as we can use their binaries, that suffices.

	--- Noel