www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Suggestion...
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 19:03:17 GMT
> Community should be responsible for the pages and the content of the
email.

> Infrastructure are responsible for providing us with the tools to allow
them
> to be created/maintained etc.

Those tools already exist.  After being prepared, patches would be submitted
against the site module, and sent to infrastructure for appplication.  Based
upon some of the comments you've just made elsewhere, we agree that the
point is not to burden the infrastructure team more than necessary.

> As we're still trying to get to the first stone let's be patient and not
try
> to leap the river in one jump!

I don't understand this perspective.  The information exists.  The real
problem is that different projects have been providing different bits and
pieces of it, if at all:

 http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?SigningReleases
 http://www.apache.org.dev
 http://cvs.apache.org/~bodewig/mirror.html
 http://jakarta.apache.org/site/guidelines.html
 http://xml.apache.org/guidelines.html
 http://httpd.apache.org/dev/

And those are just a few.  That doesn't count the document Leo Simons is
working on, and submitted.

There is a great value in this effort, but it isn't a matter of developing
new information or new tools so much as a matter of collecting and collating
the information, providing a central location, and coordinating getting all
of the projects using it.

	--- Noel