www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Suggestion...
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:19:26 GMT
David,

I agree that there should be an e-mail.  But it should be short, and consist
of little more than a reference to the web site.  All of this information
should be available on the web site for review and update.  As that content
is enhanced, e-mail can go out to Committers@.

> - forwarding instructions for the @apache.org email address
> - contacts for common problems
> - information about the committers list and the reason for it
> - information on opt-in lists such as licensing, community

Also explain public_html, umask 002, using ssh with keys, pgp/gnupg, source
control, mirroring,  and every other process issue that a Committer might
need to know during the course of their duties.

	--- Noel