www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [proposal] daedalus jar repository (was: primary distribution location)
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:54:20 GMT
My proposal is that Dion Gillard be asked to chair a repository committee.
He is the most familar with the issues, he works with a lot of the Java
technologies (Tomcat, Ant, Maven, James, Jetspeed, Struts, Turbine), and
although he is a Maven fan, he is agnostic in terms of ensuring that all
build technologies would be supported.

As for where the committee is located, personally I don't care if it were
under Ant, Maven, Jakarta, Infrastructure, or the Blue Moon.  But based upon
the personality clashes from this morning, and knowing Dion quite well, I
propose that Dw's earlier suggestion of infrastructure be followed, and this
be an infrastructure sub-project.

I just gave Dion a heads-up that I was going to propose this, and he is
amenable if that is what people want to do.

	--- Noel