www-community mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject [Fwd: RE: [proposal] daedalus jar repository (was: primary distribution location)]
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 23:19:36 GMT
My opinion is that the board should take this suggestion very seriously.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [proposal] daedalus jar repository (was: primary
distribution location)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:54:20 -0500
From: "Noel J. Bergman" <noel@devtech.com>
To: <community@apache.org>
CC: <dion@apache.org>

My proposal is that Dion Gillard be asked to chair a repository
committee.  He is the most familar with the issues, he works with a lot
of the Java technologies (Tomcat, Ant, Maven, James, Jetspeed, Struts,
Turbine), and although he is a Maven fan, he is agnostic in terms of
ensuring that all build technologies would be supported.

As for where the committee is located, personally I don't care if it
were under Ant, Maven, Jakarta, Infrastructure, or the Blue Moon.  But
based upon the personality clashes from this morning, and knowing Dion
quite well, I propose that Dw's earlier suggestion of infrastructure be
followed, and this be an infrastructure sub-project.

I just gave Dion a heads-up that I was going to propose this, and he is
amenable if that is what people want to do.

	--- Noel