www-community mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Ant PMC Issue (was: RE: [proposal] daedalus jar repository)
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:40:39 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:

> I'm not picking lint out of belly button and weaving a story here. I
> take what I see on the board list and I did speak with on the phone for
> about 40 minutes so I have, even if limited, some idea of how you're
> affected. I'm not saying that it's a conspiracy I'm just pointing out
> that as busy as everyone is on the board it is not hard to imagine that
> there is a reliance on Sam for information. I'm not saying none of you
> don't think for yourselves on Java issues but that Sam's opinion carries
> a lot of weight and might possibly be taken as the sole source of
> information.

thank you.  imho that's a much better statement of what i think
you meant in the first message.  i.e., the message hasn't
changed but the delivery has.  this doesn't raise my hackles or
make me feel put on the defensive the way the first one did. :-)

>> please sprinkle a few more 'imho's
>> through your posts, because otherwise the wording doesn't
>> seem to even imply them.
>
> Fair enough. I have very few lessons in diplomacy. I can learn,
> eventually with a big enough stick.

heh.  if you manage to learn any from me it will be miraculous. :-D

> IMHO, I would say that it is not hard to imagine the board not being
> heavily influenced by Sam's opinion. That being said things turned out
> differently than I expected and I will make an attempt to tone down my
> direct line of attack approach to things.

i think the first sentence's meaning is reversed; do you mean
'it's easy to imagine the board being heavily influenced by sam's
opinion'?  if so, not only do i agree on the imaginability of it,
but think it is accurate as well: i think we *are* heavily
influenced (in re things jakarta) by sam's input.  however, we
aren't taking it as the sole source, even if we may be less
conversant with the issues.

we now return you to your regularly-scheduled reasoned discussion,
already in progress.  if this had been an actual emergency.. :-)
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"