www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: [off-topic-just for fun] - Maps and zoom-in
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 00:15:56 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:
(...)

> Darn - I was quite happy as I got it to work after endless fiddling on IE,
> Mozzila and Safari on MacOSX and a PC. So I guess it needs more fine
> tuning. Which is well out of my expertize range. Any takers ?
> http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkx/inline.js is the culprit.

Wait, there is a bug somewhere. The *first* zoom on Crosley fails, but
the next ones work (or seems to work), with Mozilla 1.1

Another one, "~n" in "~nacho" gives a newline in
krell/bin/scrape_location.pl, and thus fails. I don't speak enough perl
for this one.

(Funny, it took 57 people to trigger these bug, while "n" should be 1/25
or so ;-)

We can learn that: "With enough data, all software is buggy" ;-)