www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject [OT] Replcated JDBC stuff with Apache-like license
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:01:09 GMT
Sorry for bothering you, as this is half off-topic.

I'm in the need for a cheapo high availability cluster. I have solved
most of the issues, but replicating the DB is a mess if I want to stick
to Open Source solutions.

I'm thinking into developing something that could be useful. Similar to
c-jdbc (http://www.objectweb.org/c-jdbc/index.html) but with less belts
and whistles. A master/slaves pseudo JDBC driver, which would ensure
replication at the JDBC API level. Also, the c-jdbc has no release yet
and has a LGPL license, which makes it less suitable for quick operation
and for some customer environments.

I have not been able to find anything along the lines, or a good
starting point in apache, or which has apache-like license.

1. Do you know about something similar?
2. Would a simple implementation be suitable for db.apache.org?

I know, I should have asked in general@db.apache.org, but I'm not
subscribed, and the infoglut I suffer is severe.

<rant type="offtopic">
I would *scream* if a good "identity based" mailing list software was
available in Apache such as:
* I could browse and search it quickly
* I could send signed email to any list and be accepted (via my
   certificate), or via a webmail authenticated account.
* Alternatively, I could subscribe without having to receive the
   messages, and read via news or web.
* I could refer messages by Message-Id in my mails or HTML pages easily
   for public lists (finding a message in eyebrowse just to quote it
   makes me spend a lot of time through the day.
</rant>