www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion...
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:59:02 GMT
David Reid wrote:
(...)
> I think it could/should contain things like
> - forwarding instructions for the @apache.org email address
> - contacts for common problems
> - information about the committers list and the reason for it
> - information on opt-in lists such as licensing, community
> If there are other things (and I'm sure there are) that people would have
> found useful or think should be included please post with details.

There are clear instructions in the jakarta web site on how to handle
cvs through ssh, but (at least for people not familiar with this setup,
as I was then) it would be nice to point to the page from the email. I
thought that my public repository would magically become r/w at first :-)

Also, instructions to setup a ssh key and nuke your cvs.apache.org
password, or even to send the public key in advance, would be great. I
mean, there is windows people who has never seen ssh or any other
RSA/DSA tool.

(...)

Regards,
      Santiago