www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Open this list
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 01:47:37 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> * On 2003-02-05 at 18:55,
>   Andrew C. Oliver <acoliver@apache.org> excited the electrons to say:

(...)

>>Minor considerations:
>>
>>* I will rejoin and stop whining about it.
>

> won't you consider being nice and doing that anyway?  or is this the
> only price you'll accept?  <grin size="huge"/> <laugh/>

Would you join if I publicly state (and my apache.org address can be put
in the list policy with this statement) that:

I will act as a gateway for non subscribed people wishing to contribute,
forwarding mails received from such people to the list. This will be
done with no restriction, except:

- I will filter obvious spam and hate mail with a reject notice (except
where spamassassin gets the email first) ;-)
- I will direct people to different lists, if I think there is where it
should go. If they insist, I will post here.
- A certain lag should be expected.

So, people can read mail from the archives, and post through me. The
list is no longer closed ;-)

Regards,
      Santiago
(in the interest of free speech, and to feel Andy bugging back here)