www-community mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Open this list
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 23:55:17 GMT
I would like to propose that after seeing the way that this list
functions up until now, that it the issue
be reconsidered and that it be re-opened to the public.

Main considerations:
* there is already a private list *committers* which important issues
like "gee the server was attacked, please don't leave publically
executable/writable files in your home director expecially you, you and you

* The quality of the conversation will increase

* The dumb user who stumbles in factor is pretty low.  Since
*general@jakarta.apache.org* was moved to the bottom of the mail2.html
page under everything else,
the moron flamewars have settled.  Now all the flamewars are started and
run by primarily committers.

* promotes community and discourages the perception that we're arrogant
snobs

Minor considerations:

* I will rejoin and stop whining about it.

-Andy