www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Where to place Agora?
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 18:08:33 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
(...)

> Google showed how much value can be gained out of harvesting of simple
> information (hyperlink) that locally has no apparent global meaning. As
> do email replies or IP logs for CVS logins.

At a different level, I'm fascinated by how UndefinedPages (or just the
fact that links are automatically created when you CamelCase them)
models cooperative Content Management in Wiki thingies. Even the fact
that RecentChangesJunkies exist points to the fact that structural
information helps build semantics.

> There is potentially a huge value in fostering research on data
> emergence, expecially if related to reasonable-sized and well logged
> communities like ours.

The map experiment (the bulb could bright or be coloured according to
data collected) would be easily linked to Agora, bringing additional
spacial and day/night information into play at a glance.

(...)

Regards,
      Santiago