www-community mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Where to place Agora?
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:43:07 GMT
Hello there,

I've received many personal comments about my little thing Agora (for
those who missed it, go to http://cvs.apache.org/~stefano/agora/) and I
have already received comments, suggestions and patches (a PHP script
that harvests NNTP newsgroups instead of mbox files)

Now, I'd like to ask you what I should do with this.

People suggested that Agora could be used as a tool to visualize any
type of massively interconnected graph (from personal relationships, to
hyperlink tolopologies, ontologies and what not).

People suggested ways to improve the visualization.

Others suggested ways to improve the algorithm of energy minimization (I
spent a good night with Ben Laurie in London talking about the use of
symulated annealing and other symulated entropy-based thermodynamic
approaches)

All I know is that if the code remains on my disk, they will ask me and
I'll be the bottleneck.

so, I wonder, should I go down the path of 'incubation'?, should I move
it under the committers/ CVS? or in the community CVS? move it on
sourceforge? should we clutter this mail list or should we ask for
another one?

just like this community enjoyed the fun brought back by Ben on the map
of committers, I would like to bring some fun back with Agora, but I'm
asking because I really don't know on how to move from here.

Thank you.

    Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate [William of Ockham]