www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: How get on the map!
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 17:20:00 GMT
Ben Hyde wrote:

> Santiago Gala wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking that the best way to show the names, ...
>

> Apparently the radius label doesn't work in marker files for my version
> of xplanet.  I'm sure I saw examples of labels floating in space over
> the markers on the globe.

Try http://cvs.apache.org/~sgala/map.html

I had to do some dirty tricks to get it working, cause xplanet will not
"label" markers without showing the label. So I use a 1pt label with the
user name (generated through the private_map.jpg) to build the map and
then the map.jpg to display. It is noticeable that people with long
usernames will have active links longer to the right. :-(

I tried other variants, like:

http://cvs.apache.org/~sgala/map1.html

I would like feedback about committing some of these changes or sending
patches for further processing.