www-community mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Email Repositories [Was. Where to place Agora?]
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:21:28 GMT
--On Thursday, February 6, 2003 12:45 AM +0100 Santiago Gala
<sgala@hisitech.com> wrote:

> It would be great if our mail archives could answer something like:
>
> http://nagoya.apache.org/mailarchive/3E41286D.6060201@apache.org

mod_mbox is keyed off the message-id.

http://scotch.ics.uci.edu/~jerenk/archives/apache-announce/200210.mbo
x/%3c006601c26aee$0f0ee3f0$270610ac@manu.com%3e

I'm not aware of any other archiving system that does so.  But, this
setup is per-list/per-month (more of an artifact of how our mail is
archived than anything else).

At one point, apachelabs.org did allow global searches based on
Message-IDs in a fashion like you described.  Everyone seems to like
EyeBrowse better, so I've never bothered setting mod_mbox up after we
had to take apachelabs.org down.  -- justin