www-community mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Ant PMC Issue (was: RE: [proposal] daedalus jar repository)
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:19:32 GMT

On 26 Feb 2003, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> So that's going to be the board deciding what is right? What project's
> themselves want is not right enough? That is frightening. What happened
> to project self direction/determination?

I am not sure where you've got that impression from; and I hope it is not
based on anything happening within the ASF - virtually all projects and
committer groups actively drive their own destinies; and draft their own
charters and define their own scope.

That does not mean that the board, or other community figures,
occasionally help out and make suggestions - but by and large things are
driven directly by comitters - which by and large need little
help in communicating and coordinating.

I've not seen anything else.

DW