www-community mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject [off-topic-just for fun] - Maps and zoom-in
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:36:49 GMT

The map on:

	http://cvs.apache.org/~dirkx/sgala.html

has had a wee enhancement; if you zoom in far enough; the boring digital
terrain map of etoto5 gets replaced by mapblast. Depending on which part
of the world you're in, the projection is about right :-)

Now I've noticed quite a few folks falling off the shore, and into a
nearby rivers and canals. Which unless you are living on a boad - is
propably not quite correct. So I'd love to know if that is projection
issue; or a true issue with the location you entered.

Thanks.

Dw