www-community mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] daedalus jar repository
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:09:37 GMT

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Greg Stein wrote:

> To be honest, I don't know what the most effective arrangement would be. I
> could easily see the infrastructure team being responsible. Each project
> releases their code to www.apache.org/dist/PROJECT/, and the infrastructure
> guys simply index that code a bit differently thru the central repos.

The infrastructure folks would propably be quite happy to do this;
provided that there is enough metadata to 'know' what is required; where
the license is, who is the 'owner' of the jar etc, etc - i.e. do automated
validation; and email a human when something is fishy (followed by semi
automatic wacking/disabling if not taken care off in a resonable period of
time). Some of the jar-dependencies and ant-dependency resolver which has
been floating around in the XML world recently has metadata placeholders
which would be an excepelent fit for that.

Dw.