www-community mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject RE: Ant PMC Issue (was: RE: [proposal] daedalus jar repository)
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:58:25 GMT
On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 10:54, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Jason,

> >>Bah. The Board can easily change the scope if there are better ways to
> >>organize the software that we [the ASF] produce.
> > So that's going to be the board deciding what is right? What project's
> > themselves want is not right enough? That is frightening. What happened
> > to project self direction/determination?
>
> I perceived Greg's comment as saying that if Ant and Maven wanted to
> cooperate under a PMC, that the Board could change the scope of the PC
> charter.  Why is this frightening to you?

Because this is not what's happening. Sam is trying to force a
collalition because of some sense of "Rightness". We would like to be
left alone and if a natural level of cooperation emerges in time so be
it. But it shouldn't be dictated from the start which is the impression
I'm getting.

> 	--- Noel

jvz.

Jason van Zyl