www-community mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject Re: Ant PMC Issue (was: RE: [proposal] daedalus jar repository)
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:46:55 GMT
On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 10:43, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Or how about we make a tautalogical resolution like the Ant or Cocoon
> resolutions which got passed. I'm fine with changing the resolution to
> something like those of Ant or Cocoon: "The Maven Project will deal with
> the Maven system". But again those didn't really bother you either. But
> Maven's does. Or how about we add an addendum where the project has to
> have decent code and some _tests_ and actual users. That would pretty
> leave Maven standing by itself.

I'll qualify this as I'm didn't intend to lump Ant in here.

I'm specifically talking about Gump, Centipede and Ruper which as far as
I'm concerned are an embarassment and Maven developers should not be
forced into working with bodies of code we feel are not very good.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com