www-community mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>
Subject RE: [proposal] daedalus jar repository (was: primary distribution location)
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:27:34 GMT
On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 19:13, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > Note: the essence of lazy consensus is that such actions
> > are immeditely rolled back if an issue is raised.  I plan
> > to do exactly that.
>
> I assume that you mean roll it back if an issue is raised, because obviously
> you wouldn't have put it up if you had an objection.  :-)
>
> Which PMC is going to oversee the repository?  How are files going to be
> committed?  Who is going to ensure that the correct licenses are present and
> honored?

You'll want to post something to maven-dev. Dion has this worked out as
he went through every last artifact in the repository. There's a file
with info about the license and all that jazz.

The artifacts that are not directly uploaded to the central repository
will get verified before getting kicked into the repository proper.

> I like the idea of a central repository.  It would simplify the issue by
> centralizing maintenance of jars and licenses.  I just want to know how it
> is going to operate.  A joint operation between Ant and Maven?
> Infrastructure?

If apache projects dump their artifacts into a directory I'll get setup
what needs to be done on the ibiblio side.

> [I won't even get into the question of why those two can't be related
> projects under a single PMC]
>
> 	--- Noel

jvz.

Jason van Zyl