www-community mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: committers/krell/wms cap.xml
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 06:15:38 GMT
Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> Thanks ! - we may need to sync a bit better/more intensive - as I also
> have some other WMS perl scripts. And perhaps a joint efford to also fix
> things like OGC compliant error reporting (which we do not do right now as
> we want http level caching to work in a certain way).
>
> What WMS client are you using with this ?

None. It was just an urge to do xml validation on every
xml file that i see, especially WMS Capabilities files.
They are so central to the whole system, and clients/servers
need to be able to rely on them. I used OpenSP as a standalone
validation tool.

As far as WMS Clients go, i have had one try at getting the
Minnesota MapServer working and due for another go soon.
It can act as both server and client.
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/

It is good to hear that you have plans to extend the facilities
in the committer module. I am playing catch-up and tweaking
as i go, trying to first understand how krell/wms/index.pl works.
--David

> On 7 Feb 2003 crossley@apache.org wrote:
>
> > crossley    2003/02/06 22:44:37
> >
> >   Modified:    krell/wms cap.xml
> >   Log:
> >   Fix xml validation errors with ContactInformation.
<snip/>