www-community mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [poll] weblog package on apache.org
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:08:53 GMT
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Henri Gomez wrote:

> - Did there is a need for a weblog package installed at apache.org
>    where commiters could put notes about THEIR ASF related works ?

+1
I don't think it is a "need" - but it would be a good idea.
I know there are free or cheap hosting sites - but the point
is to have access to the software.

I think there is a (pretty strong ) need to agregate the blogs on
apache.

> - Should we select a Java based solution (the request came from
>    jakarta-general initially), or anything else ?

Anything that works. I would be fine with Python or Perl.

> - Which packages/products are good candidates, having licence
>    without apache members/commiters contestations ?

Don't know.

Costin