www-community mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cos...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Weblogs and Obstructionism WAS: Re: weblogs on apache.org
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 05:38:47 GMT
On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Dirk-Willem van Gulik wrote:

> 	Thus, the ASF is governed by the community it most directly serves
> 	-- the people collaborating within its projects.
>
> That is the guiding principle for all resources spend. That is the spirit
> which the board has to make sure we act in. If this groups can come to
> consensus with regard to blogs; and that consensus fits in the above; then
> I would not expect the board to even twitch :-) and infrastructure will
> set up wathever needed.

Consensus or at least a majority :-) After all discussion, I think that's
what has to happen - someone who wants this to happen should call for a
vote, otherwise we'll never know.

Probably it would be good to split this into separate issues:
- private blogs for commiters
- agregating blogs ( or subsets ) from the apache community.

The second is a very different and IMO more important issue. I feel
a lot of content and information will move from mailing lists to blogs.
It is already happening - with good and bad effects ( I'll probably
post a blog about this :-). Putting this information togheter and
making it accessible may be _very_ important for the community
and apache projects.

I don't know how difficult is this - but blogs may become at
least as important as the mailing lists.

Costin