www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Wiki Administration
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:50:45 GMT
Ben,
>>> I continue to believe that the wiki should be per PMC.
>> Responsibility for oversight of content? I agree.
> which would requires some reengineering.

>> ... search across the federated wikispace is a good thing.
>useful input to whom ever grabs the reengineering knife.

Agreed.  I'm pretty much counting on SubWiki to address the Wiki technology
issues, so we should simply make certain to document them for Greg.  The
Wiki would be a useful place to gather such documentation.  I don't care
which Wiki is used for that purpose.  I have also e-mailed Greg with
suggestions.

> The control loops on the current wiki are _way_ too open loop and the
> resulting systems is prone creating ear damaging noises.  This is not
> a bad-thing(tm) and likely to lay waste to the good-thing(tm).

How would you amend the process?

Our project is getting value out of the Wiki, in part because we have
non-Committers feeling empowered and able to contribute directly.  I do have
to manually check RecentChanges for James related changes.  Not ideal, but
so far no problems.  And the revision control would make it easy to correct
something if it gets broken.

	--- Noel