www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Weblogs and Obstructionism WAS: Re: weblogs on apache.org
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 03:57:41 GMT
[Moved from infrastructure@ at DWvG's suggestion]

> I continue to feel a bit disenchanted with the group of folks "I don't
> see need for this, -1" for various efforts, where non-participation
> would be the most appropriate (IMHO) avenue of "protest".

Excuse me, Andrew, but you *are* aware that except for a technical issue
a -1 is non-binding, right?  People are just casting their votes for or
against.  What is the problem with someone saying that they disagree with
your view?  Why is that obstructionist?  This is a Community.  If the
majority disagrees with you, is that obstructionist?

You did a good job of getting a wiki going here, so you can hardly argue
that everyone is trying to preserve the status quo.  But the issue of blogs
and personal pages has come up multiple times in the few months that I have
had Committer status, so I am sure that you have seen the arguments before
now.

	--- Noel