www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: ApacheWiki RSS feed moved into apachewiki.cgi
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 19:33:59 GMT
> I am interested in content quality.  I would probably subscribe
> to the 'wiki-changes' list, since that would push the content under
> my nose instead of having me actively reading each changed page online.

Right, that has been my point about push model communication.  But do you
really want to have every change pushed into your mail box (this is actually
easy to do with usemodwiki), or just those pages that interest you?

Every few days I check to see the RecentChanges list, but I primarly skim it
looking to see if pages related to projects I care about have changed.  If
the Wiki gets lots of use, reading all changes would be like subscribing to
every CVS change made in every module all over Apache.  At that point the
perceived signal to noise ratio for most people would be rather low, IMO.

It seems that Andy feels that an RSS feed is the solution to this problem.

	--- Noel