www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Wiki - we've got a proposed solution - hierarchy
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 00:58:20 GMT
> Oversight of content relating to a specific PMC should be the
repsonsibility
> of said PMC.

That is one view.  There may be others.  I believe that there is interest in
having a consensus on policy first, and then a solution.  Not too many
people have spoken up one way or another on that issue.

> It is not clear that PMCs like [Web Service] have any Wiki content
> as of yet.

FWIW, they do.

> Therefore, I propose a hierarchy of Wikis.

Actually, I think that the topology is better viewed as a (potentially
heterogeneous) network of federated wikis rather than a hierarchy.  :-)

> The ApacheWiki will remain with it's 3
> official WikiAdmins

The three WikiAdmins are neither official nor representatives of a proper
oversight body.  The most logical group would be those who are responsible
for the site module, and I don't believe that they want it.

	--- Noel