www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: You can at least forward my comments to these secret discussions about wiki
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:25:42 GMT
> a friend of the court brief for the "Board vs. Wiki".

Board vs. Wiki?  That's somewhat amusing in its timing, considering that the
Chairman of the Board, as a private individual not in an official capacity,
(a) is the author of SubWiki, (b) posted a message to community@ in support
for Wiki use just minutes ago, (c) has expressed his willingness to address
concerns regarding issues integrating Wiki technology into a managed
environment.

Words create images.  Hyperbole can be useful at times, but "Board vs. Wiki"
paints a grossly distorted image that is damaging to any constructive
discussion of the subject.  I have had discussion about the Wiki with
multiple members of the Board.  Each of them expressed support for the Wiki,
although with some reservations regarding best use, oversight, or other
personal views.  And those are just that: their personal views.  I am not
aware of the ASF Board, as an official body, having said word one about the
Wiki.  Nor do I detect anything regarding the Wiki in their meeting minutes.

Beyond that, I'm sensing hostility that doesn't make any sense.

	--- Noel