www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Do vs. Talk (Re: email notification done...sorta)
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 05:39:24 GMT
Jeff,

Unless I missed a discussion elsewhere (I'm only on community@ and
infrastructure@, as well as project lists), Andy appeared to be complaining
about (a) people asking for changes to the Wiki without contributing
patches, and (b) the current lack of consensus on how to integrate
push-model into the Wiki.

This seems ironic to me, since Andy talked about how the Wiki would help
non-account holders to develop documentation, but appears to have had little
patience for the fact that such Wiki USERS might want changes that they
wouldn't implement.  This is a good example for why One Man Codebases don't
work; it takes a Community.

Perhaps it was said elsewhere, but I didn't see anyone say "Wiki?  Yuck.
Get rid of it!"  What I did see were people saying, "Great!  And thanks!
But now that we have one, we want to make even better use of it, and so we
need ..."  And those comments seem to come from people who are using the
Wiki.

	--- Noel