www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: email notification done...sorta
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 04:15:35 GMT
> Yup. Python people *and* Subversion people. :)

Well *that* much I knew.  :-)  The association between Collab.Net and the
ASF isn't obscured.

I keep wondering if some of the tigris.org projects will migrate to the ASF.
There appears to be a lot in common, including people.  ASF uses (or will
use) Subversion, SubWiki, Eyebrowse, and could use Scarab.  I haven't yet
figured out if we can make use any of anzu with James.  Tigris uses Lucene,
Velocity, Apache, Turbine, ...

Of course, I see that there are key differences between Tigris and the ASF
(including community structure, legal issues, etc.), but I would think that
some of the more mature Tigris projects would make for good ASF projects.

This is so obvious a question, it must have come up before, but there don't
appear to be archives for community@ in eyebrowse.

	--- Noel