www-community mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Wiki Administration
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:14:59 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> The control loops on the current wiki are _way_ too open loop and the
>> resulting systems is prone creating ear damaging noises.  This is not
>> a bad-thing(tm) and likely to lay waste to the good-thing(tm).
>
> How would you amend the process?

The life of a dyslexic is full of surprises.  That should have read
"This is a bad-thing(tm).."

I assume that as soon as we create per PMC Wiki those PMC would
discover that they have pride of craft in the content of that Wiki.
That will trigger oversight.  That oversight will temper the danger of
the open loop control currently in place.

I don't have any desire to keep anybody from engaging direct editing of
the content.  The trick is getting the right balance of lots of voices
and a cooperative group of high mutual regard that keep the thing on
track.  A balancing act.

  - ben