www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: How get on the map!
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 02:45:27 GMT
Ben Hyde wrote:
> The map is looking better.
>
>    http://www.cozy.org/ben/map.jpg
>
> 21 locations known plus 4 more in urls.jpg who are keeping their
> location a secret. I guessed where they are and put them Antarctica.
>
> Here's how to join the fun:
>
>  1. Check out the committer's repository:
>
>      cvs -d cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs co committers
>
>  2. Read the FAQ:
>
>      committers/krell/FAQ
>
>   - ben

I'm thinking that the best way to show the names, would be to write a
index.html file with a ismap and ALT="name" for the regions, so that
they appear as tooltips when you mouse over. With the "-markerbounds
file" option of xplanet it looks feasible.

I have been experimenting with different fonts to try to get legible
names in the map, but it does not work, at least for my tired eyes.
Maybe tomorrow.

Regards,
      Santiago