www-community mailing list archives

From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: Where are we?
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 21:00:11 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

(...)

> If I had to do it, I would do it as transparent as possible, otherwise
> lazy butts (me, for example) won't update their geolocations and the
> whole thing will lag behind pretty soon.
>
> For map generation, it shouldn't be that hard.... maybe borrow some
> xearth routines.

I have used the mapblast server, to generate things like:

http://www.nodedb.com/europe/es/madrid/view.php?nodeid=4 (I'm not
related with the node db people, but it gives an idea of my office location)

I'm not sure about copyright, restrictions, etc., since I started using
it with gpsdrive por personal (not republishing) use. It starts like:

    You may use the Vicinity Content only for your personal and
    noncommercial use, only over the Internet through a landline
    connection,    and only with one central processing unit at any one
    time.

And then it follows with further legalese that I can't understand.

Regards,
      Santiago

P.S.) I just noticed that my proxy server is a dual-processor and that I
have a wireless network setup... (Shrug) I should stop using it, I think.