www-community mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [poll] weblog package on apache.org ?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:13:41 GMT
Thom May wrote:

>> - Should we select a Java based solution (the request came from
>>   jakarta-general initially), or anything else ?
>>
> I think this question and the following one are  premature. We need to agree
> on the necessity of *having* committer or project blogging before discussing
> what technology we should be looking at.

s/necessity/appropriateness/

'necessity' is always a very, very poor metric for imposing limitations.
it is not 'necessary' for automobiles to be able to travel at velocities
in excess of ~100Kph, therefore no automobiles should be able to do so.

otherwise, +1.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"