www-community mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <erikab...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Open community (was ... secret discussions ...)
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:02:53 GMT
Hi Joshua,

in case you are interested in the vote, see below...

As far as I can recall the list was pretty busy at this time and some people worried about
the signal-to-noise ratio while thinking about 650 Apache fellows plus users or as you put
it "having a mechanism to quite people who make noise".

Just an example from Andy (Andy, please don't take any offense at citing you; I just picked
your mail randomly):

<cite>
I'd like to protect the list from random posters.  If a user or someone wants to get in, then
fine let them in if they have something to contribute, but this will prevent someone posting
a random "Gee how do I use tomcat" or "here is what you should do but I have never and will
never contribute to apache in any realy sense of the word" posts that often degrade the quality
of the list. ...
</cite>

doh, I'm just wondering why community@ shouldn't be publicly archived given the voting results:

> The resulting actions will be:
>
> 1) this list will be archived and the archives pubblicly made available
>
> I would suggest using 'EyeBrowse' web mail archive system (see
> http://nagoya.apache.org/)

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/SummarizeList?listId=108 unfortunately lists 0 messages
:-(

cheers,