www-community mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <erikab...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Weblogs and Obstructionism WAS: Re: weblogs on apache.org
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2003 00:15:33 GMT
Rich Bowen wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>

> For those of us that are not on infrastructure@, what's the summary thus
> far? Is it just the obvious which can be gleaned from the above, ie Andy
> proposed blog software installed on an apache.org machine and someone
> -1'ed it, or was it merely a page linking to blogs?
>
> Just curious what we're talking about here.

Hi Rich,

there was a controverse discussion about installing a blogging software (e.g. movabletype,
pyrite, bloxsom, roller ...) on cvs.apache.org or apache.org with the purpose to support *private*
weblogging.

The different topics were pretty mixed up and included questions on possible software solutions,
their licenses (especially MT's), archiving possibilities, the purpose of private weblogs,
a possible brand damage and if infrastructure@ is the right list to dicuss this...

Andrew later mentioned the possibility to use weblogs for project news instead of private
blogs.

All in all, up to now there is no final decision; just a bunch of -1 and +1, but I didn't
count them :-)

cheers,
Erik