www-community mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject RE: Wiki - we have a problem :)
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:55:24 GMT

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:

> > for violations of the above content rules.  That group, for now,
> > could be a sub-group under the auspices of the infrastructure PMC.
>
> I'd rather not see the infrastructure committee (or any subset
> thereof) have to make the determiniation on what is proper or not.
> Nor, should they be tasked with removal of improper content.  We'd
> just get seen as big bad bullies.

That is propably NOT going to happen. Infrastructure@ operates on the
level of scripts, file descriptors, threads, accounts, disk space on spool
var's - and is not a publishing policy setting or executing element.
Infrastructure@ will be happy to help write automated script to zap any
10Gyte divx upload, or perhaps even a virus scanner and help create a
moderation system; but both the spec's and the volunteers to operate it
will not only come from elsewhere, but will also be supervised by a PMC or
group concerned with 'content'. I.e. the coding projects.

Dw