www-community mailing list archives

From Jim Winstead <j...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tapestry incubation
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 17:46:52 GMT
On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 05:56:12PM +0100, Henning Schmiedehausen wrote:
> [ edited for order ]
>
> On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 03:34, Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> > [1] http://tapestry.sourceforge.net
> > [2] http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?TapestryProposal
> >
> > Tapestry is a component-based web framework.  Its created by a great
> > group of guys whom I have a
> > lot of respect for.
>
> So that would make up what? The fifth or the sixth Framework from the
> ASF?

so?

i think the key thing is in andy's second sentence: it's created by a
great group of guys whom (he) has a lot of respect for. i think the
apache foundation could use all of those it can get, and we aren't going
to get it by telling them what projects to work on.

(communities are what really matter, not code.)

jim