www-community mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Wiki Administration
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:09:21 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> Ben Hyde wrote:
>> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>> Andy gave ... and Ben Hyde admin access.
>> Wires got crossed someplace and that didn't come to closure.  It's
>> been
>> a while but it maybe that it stumbled at the get account on nagoya
>
> You don't need a nagoya account to do it.

Possibly, maybe I was thinking of more fundamental involvement in the
enterprise.

> apparently thought that he gave to you.

not that I recall.

>> I continue to believe that the wiki should be per PMC.
>
> Responsibility for oversight of content? I agree.

which would requires some reengineering.

> ... search across the federated wikispace is a good thing.

useful input to whom ever grabs the reengineering knife.

The control loops on the current wiki are _way_ too open loop and the
resulting systems is prone creating ear damaging noises.  This is not a
bad-thing(tm) and likely to lay waste to the good-thing(tm).

  - ben