www-community mailing list archives

From tobr...@transolutions.net (O'brien, Tim)
Subject RE: Wiki - we've got a proposed solution - hierarchy
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 01:14:00 GMT
> > Oversight of content relating to a specific PMC should be the
repsonsibility
> > of said PMC.
>
> That is one view.  There may be others.

I understand, and I don't mean to silence discussion at all.  Just trying to
offer a very concrete proposal.

> > It is not clear that PMCs like [Web Service] have any Wiki content as
> > of yet.
>
> FWIW, they do.

Thank you, I stand corrected.  Let's consider HTTP and APR.

> > Therefore, I propose a hierarchy of Wikis.
>
> Actually, I think that the topology is better viewed as a (potentially
> heterogeneous) network of federated wikis rather than a
> hierarchy.  :-)

That also sounds very good, "The Apache Federation of Wikis".  Maybe we can
shorten that to "The Federation" - what's next uniforms :-)  You are right,
"hierarchy" makes it sound like one Wiki is better than another wiki.
Federation is more in tune with the concept of cooperation and
collaboration.