www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Wiki Wiki (has been set up)
Date Sat, 21 Dec 2002 18:41:43 GMT
Andrew,

Hallalujah!  I have been asking about a Wiki on and off for months, and was
told as recently as a week ago that there were security reasons for not yet
having one.  Kudos for just getting this done!

I am not familar with the code of this particular Wiki engine.  What would
it take to attach an optional mailing list attribute to a page so that when
the page is edited, a notice can be driven to the mailing list?  Or so that
a daily/weekly report could be generated containing that info?

The primary communication mechanism is the push-model mailing list.  A Wiki
is basically pull-model.  I'd like to see push-model notification integrated
into the Wiki, which is something I am considering adding to vqWiki when
I've some time.

	--- Noel