www-community mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [RFC] prototype committers list with links
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:00:20 GMT
> Alternatively, here's an example of what httpd project provides by way
> of introduction to it's contributors:

Do I see the following (as a concept)?

<Contributors>
	<Contributor>
		<name> </name>
		<email> </email>
            <url> </url>
            <organization> </organization>
		<occupation> </occupation>
		<location> </location>
		<comments> </comments>
		<osexpertise> </osexpertise>
		<projects>
			<project>
				<contributions> </contributions>
				<role> </role>
			</project>
		</projects>
	</Contributor>
</Contributors>

I won't get into whether things should be elements or attributes just now.
This is just a concept, and similar to what is already in the Maven project
structure, if I recall Dion's demo correctly from CSS 2002.

The <role> value is intended to encode a community role such as Committer,
Release Manager (with release name), etc.

The <projects> element normalizes the information if there were to be a
central repository, as well as supporting sub-projects.

	--- Noel